Real Estate Taxes
2013 Real Estate Tax Bills will be mailed the week of June 9th, 2014.
The Moultrie County Collector mails out approximately 10,000 real estate tax bills and collects over $20 million dollars annually.
First Installment is due July 11, 2014.
Second Installment is due September 4, 2014.
A single tax bill is sent for the full years taxes with both installment payment coupons included. We do not send a second bill for the second installment. The taxes are due in two equal installments.
After the due dates, a penalty charge of 1 1/2 % per month or any part of a month in which the installment remains delinquent. If you receive your tax bill and they are to be paid by a mortgage company, you must forward it on in a timely manner. Failure to receive a tax bill does not relieve a taxpayer from their tax liability. If you do not receive a tax bill and you should have, please call the treasurer's office at 217-728-4032.
1. In person at the Moultrie County Treasurer's office at the Courthouse by cash, personal check or cashier's check.
2. At all Moultrie County Bank Facilities.
3. Online at www.illinoisepay.com
4. Mail your payment. A United States Postal Service Postmark is accepted as date of payment for the calculation of late fees. If you would like a receipt when mailing payments, please include a self-addressed stamped envelope and the entire tax bill.
5. We do not accept debit or credit cards. We do not accept post-dated checks.
You are welcome to pay your bill in person or by mail at the County Treasurer's office, 10 S. Main, Suite 10, Sullivan, IL. 61951. County Treasurer's Office Hours are 8:30 to 4:30 and is open through the lunch hours. During Collection Dates you may pay by check in the Co Planner Offices their hours are subject to changes but normally are 8:30-12:00 and 1:00-4:30.
Prepayment Real Estate Payments
We accept advance real estate tax payments each year from December 1 through December 31.
There is a form that taxpayers are required to fill out and return each year. Follow this link to load a printable form. An outstanding balance will be due by the second installment due date. If your advance payment results in an overpayment, a refund check will be issued to you.
Moultrie County Real Estate Tax Information available on-line at the following website,
Select Moultrie, then year.
* Note real estate taxes information is based on prior year from year paid - 2013 payable in 2014 for example. Mobile home taxes are paid annually - 2014.