Real Estate Taxes
First Installment is due July 15, 2016.
Second Installment is due September 2, 2016.
A single tax bill is sent for the full years taxes with both installment payment coupons included. We do not send a second bill for the second installment. The taxes are due in two equal installments.
After the due dates, a penalty charge of 1 1/2 % per month or any part of a month in which the installment remains delinquent. If you receive your tax bill and they are to be paid by a mortgage company, you must forward it on in a timely manner. Failure to receive a tax bill does not relieve a taxpayer from their tax liability. If you do not receive a tax bill and you should have, please call the treasurer's office at 217-728-4032.
1. You are welcome to pay your bill in person at the County Treasurer's Office. Hours are Monday through Friday 8:30 to 4:30 and the office is open through the lunch hour. To enter the courthouse, please use the west, north or east doors, north door is handicapped accessible. Enter the ground floor proceed through security to the second floor. Our office is directly down hallway from elevator. During Collection Dates you may pay by check in the Co Planner Office. Their hours are subject to changes but normally are 8:30-12:00 and 1:00-4:30.
2. At all Moultrie County Bank Facilities. These are authorized locations:
First Mid-Illinois Bank Sullivan
Scott State Bank-Dalton City, Bethany, Sullivan, Mt. Zion
Arthur Community Bank-Arthur
First National Bank Arthur-Arthur
State Bank of Arthur-Arthur
First National Bank Sullivan (all branches)
3. Online at www.govtechtaxpro.com.
4. Mail your payment. A United States Postal Service Postmark is accepted as date of payment for the calculation of late fees. If you would like a receipt when mailing payments, please include a self-addressed stamped envelope and the entire tax bill.
5. We do not accept debit, credit cards or post-dated checks. After the certified delinquent notices are mailed a cashier's check or money order is required.
Prepayment Real Estate Payments
We accept advance real estate tax payments each year from December 1 through December 31. There is a form that
taxpayers are required to fill out and return each year. Follow this link to load a printable form. An outstanding
balance will be due by the second installment due date. If your advance payment results in an overpayment, a refund
check will be issued to you.
We accept advance payment on mobile home privilege taxes as well.
If you'd like to view the real estate taxes on a particular piece of property, you now may do this online at
* Note real estate taxes information is based on prior year from year paid - 2015 payable in 2016 for example. Mobile home taxes are paid annually - 2016.