Georgia C. England (D) (2010)
10 S. Main St., Suite 6
Sullivan, IL 61951
8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday
The Moultrie County Recorder of Deeds retains records dating to the founding of the County in 1843; and is responsible for timely, and accurately, indexing, recording and maintaining all records related to real property in the County. These documents include all deed conveyances, mortgages, assignments, releases, liens (Federal, State, Local Government and property) Military Discharges -DD214, to name a few, plus recordation and storage of plats of subdivisions, land surveys and monument records.
All recordings listed above, with the exception of Military Discharges, may be viewed by the public. Original Government tracts are documented, with a walk though history, when viewing records dating back to the mid-late 1800's. The script and penmanship of our forefathers will leave you in awe.
The Moultrie County Recorder of Deeds has two Land Record Search stations available for public use, with a $0.25 per page copy cost.
• 1843 - 1959: All recorded documents were hand-written or typed in large bound books.
• Sept. 1959 - August 1976: images photocopied in books.
• Sept. 1976 - May, 1997: images microfilmed.
• June 1997 - present: images on computer.
• 1992 - present: Indexing of all documents on computer.